FPGA Market by Type, Verticals, Architecture, Technology Node, and Geography - Forecast to 2022
NEW YORK, March 2, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- "The field programmable gate array (FPGA) market poised to grow at a CAGR of 7.41% during the forecast period"
The field programmable gate array (FPGA) market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.41% between 2016 and 2022 and reach USD 7.23 billion by 2022. A key influencing factor for the growth of FPGAs is their fast time-to-market (TTM). FPGAs offer fastest TTM, compared to their counterparts–ASICs and ASSPs–as they reach the production stage within three to five months, whereas ASSP/ASIC take around 12-18 months for the same. Besides, several other factors such as low NRE design cost, growing demand for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS), reprogramming ability, and the need of wireless communication and optical transport network (OTN) are expected to drive the FPGA market.
"The FPGA market for the automotive vertical is projected to grow rapidly in the near future"
The FPGA market in the automotive sector is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. The demand for applications such as (ADAS), e-vehicles, and powertrains are expected to present huge opportunities for FPGAs in this sector.
"APAC expected to be the fastest-growing market for FPGA"
The market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2015 and 2020. With the advent of IoT and M2M, the growth in automotive and consumer electronics industry is expected to be very high because of a very large number of mobile phone users in emerging countries such as China and India.
Break-up of profiles of primary participants for the report is given below:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 16%, Tier 2 – 29%, and Tier 3 – 55%
- By Designation: C-level –25%, Director level – 33%, VP level – 42%
- By Region: North America - 51%, Europe – 32%, APAC – 12%, RoW – 5%
The key players in the market include Xilinx Inc. (U.S.), Altera Corporation (U.S.), Microsemi Corporation (U.S.), Lattice Semiconductor (U.S.), Achronix Semiconductor Corporation (U.S.), Atmel Corporation (U.S.), and S2C Inc. (U.S.) among others.
Reasons to buy the report:
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to type, architecture, vertical, technology node, and region.
- The Porter's five forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the FPGA market.
- Major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges for the FPGA market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast have been conducted for the market based on types, architectures, verticals, technology nodes, and geography to give an overall view of the FPGA market.
- The detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and revenue of key players.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03655089-summary/view-report.html