S2C Shipping Prodigy™ Virtex® UltraScale and Kintex UltraScale FPGA Prototyping Boards to Customers Worldwide
Most Complete UltraScale Series on the Market Services a Wide Range of Applications
- Fullest line of prototyping solutions for Xilinx UltraScale-based FPGA’s with 5 different options including Single Virtex UltraScale (VU), Dual VU, Quad VU, Single Kintex UltraScale (KU), and Quad KU
- Most cost-effective solutions to meet different design sizes and applications
- Smallest standalone systems ease field testing deployment burden
- Solutions integrated and easily scalable with S2C’s Prodigy Complete Prototyping Platform
SAN JOSE, Calif. – October 12, 2015 – S2C, Inc., a leading provider of FPGA-based rapid prototyping solutions, is now shipping its high-demand Virtex UltraScale (VU) Single and Kintex UltraScale (KU) Quad FPGA Prototyping Logic Modules and are taking orders for its Dual and Quad VU and Single KU solutions that are coming shortly. As the most complete series of Xilinx UltraScale-based prototyping solutions on the market, these Prodigy Logic Modules are being deployed by a number of customers working on all matter of design applications including the areas of mobile, media, automotive, big data, etc.
All versions of the UltraScale Prodigy Logic Modules can be used as standalone systems or as part of S2C’s unique Prodigy Cloud Cube™ Enterprise Prototyping System that can house up to 32 FPGAs with minimal cabling. The Logic Module are supported by the industry’s most comprehensive set of advanced FPGA solutions in S2C’s Prodigy Complete Prototyping Platform including
- Prodigy ProtoBridge™ for linking FPGA prototyping to system-level simulations
- Prodigy Debug Module for multi-FPGA deep trace debug
- Vast library of 80+ daughter cards to meet a variety of interface needs
“We have worked hard to provide the market with high-value FPGA prototyping logic modules,” said Toshio Nakama, CEO of S2C, Inc. “It is validating to see that our customers are reaping the benefits of the technical advantages of our solutions, including high capacity, increased performance, full scalability, and abundant add-on features to create the next generation of devices.”
About Prodigy Virtex UltraScale Logic Modules
The Single VU440 Prodigy Logic Module and upcoming Quad and Dual VU440 Prodigy Logic Modules support the latest Xilinx Virtex UltraScale 440 FPGA. The Single VU440 Prodigy LM is the smallest form factor (260 x 170mm), all-purpose, stand-alone FPGA prototyping system that provides:
- 2x density and 20% more user I/Os compared to the V7 series
- 8 high-performance all-purpose Prodigy connectors for a variety of system interfaces and 2 GT connectors for high-speed serial connectivity
- DDR4 and built-in PCIe3 support
- Full scalability – can be used as standalone or in Cloud Cube enterprise modes
- Abundant add-on features
About Prodigy Kintex UltraScale FPGA Logic Modules
The Quad KU115 Prodigy Logic Module and the upcoming Single KU115 Prodigy Logic Module supports the Xilinx Kintex UltraScale 115 FPGA. Prodigy KU is aimed at complex and varied DSP algorithm development and is ideal for applications such as voice processing, graphics imaging, military, instrumentation, disk controllers, and digital mobile.
Highlights of the solution include:
- The most DSP resources of any single FPGA Logic Module on the market
- Ability to easily create a large MESH with multiple FPGA Logic Modules
- Full scalability – can be used as standalone or in Prodigy Cloud Cube™ enterprise modes
- Abundant add-on features
Both the Prodigy VU and Prodigy KU Systems feature S2C’s 6th generation remote management functions through either USB or Ethernet. Prodigy Player Pro™ Runtime Software is included and can be run on both Windows and Linux systems to perform basic functions such as FPGA download, write/read on-board SD card for off-line download, clock and reset set-up, I/O voltage settings, hardware monitoring, and self-test. The Player Pro Runtime Software also supports Virtual SWs & LEDs for simple tasks such as changing a setting or indicating a condition remotely, and automatically determining what daughter cards are installed on Logic Modules or cable setups between connectors.
Founded and headquartered in San Jose, California, S2C has been successfully delivering rapid SoC prototyping solutions since 2003. S2C provides:
- Rapid FPGA-based prototyping hardware and automation software
- Prototype Ready™ IP, interfaces and platforms
- System-level design verification and acceleration tools
With over 200 customers, S2C's focus is on SoC/ASIC development to reduce the SoC design cycle. Our highly qualified engineering team and customer-centric sales force understands our users’ SoC development needs. S2C systems have been deployed by leaders in consumer electronics, communications, computing, image processing, data storage, research, defense, education, automotive, medical, design services, and silicon IP. S2C is headquartered in San Jose, CA with offices and distributors around the globe including the UK, Israel, China, Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. For more information, visit www.s2cinc.com.
Rob van Blommestein
Prodigy and Prototype Ready is a trademark of S2C. S2C acknowledges trademarks or registered trademarks of other organizations for their respective products.