S2C SETS NEW STANDARDS FOR FPGA-BASED PROTOTYPING WITH PRODIGY COMPLETE PROTOTYPING PLATFORM
Allows for FPGA Prototyping of Any Size Design, at Any Design Stage, and Manageable from Any Location
San Jose, CA – April 21, 2015 - S2C Inc., a worldwide leader of FPGA-based prototyping solutions for today’s innovative designs, announced today plans to roll out its Prodigy™ Complete Prototyping Platform to address the need for a comprehensive solution that operates at any functional design stage, with any design size, and across multiple geographical locations. All of these capabilities will be available on demand and remotely-accessible at all times. The Prodigy Complete Prototyping Platform will boast:
- The largest single system capacity
- The most scalable/flexible architecture for designs of various sizes, applications and stages
- Sophisticated hardware and control software
- Solution to massive software & testing deployment challenges
- Shortened design to FPGA mapping time
- Leading multi-FPGA deep trace debug
“We are proud to be the first FPGA-based prototyping vendor to fully address the overall challenges that have been plaguing design engineers for years,” commented Toshio Nakama, CEO of S2C, Inc. “Our Prodigy Complete Prototyping Platform will significantly increase engineering productivity and reduce end-product time-to-market, while increasing return on investment and the lifetime ROI of the FPGA prototyping platform itself.”
The Prodigy Complete Prototyping Platform is being rolled out in phases. Components for the platform that are currently available include:
- Prodigy Logic Modules based on Xilinx’s Virtex-7, Kintex-7, and Altera’s Stratix-4 FPGA families (support for Xilinx’s Virtex UltraScale coming soon)
- Prodigy Player Pro™ to partition a design to multiple FPGAs, configure the prototype, and provide remote system monitoring and control
- Prodigy ProtoBridge™ to link system-level simulation environments to FPGA-based prototyping, which enables early algorithm/architectural exploration on FPGA, accelerates design verification and increases FPGA-based prototyping test coverage.
- An extensive library of over 80 Prodigy Prototype Ready™ Interfaces and Accessories designed to enable users to prototype SoC designs with a variety of interfaces and work out-of-box with the S2C’s comprehensive family of Logic Modules.
Extending The Prodigy Complete Prototyping Platform – a Roadmap to Success
The Prodigy Complete Prototyping Platform will soon include solutions that enable a large number of FPGA devices to be linked together and managed via the Cloud providing greater efficiencies when designing a variety of design sizes including designs of up to 1 billion gates. In addition, S2C will unveil unprecedented debug capabilities that will allow for multi-FPGA deep trace debugging.
Download the white paper: FPGA Prototyping of System-on-Chip Designs
The Need for a Complete Prototyping Platform for Any Design Size, Any Design Stage with Enterprise-Wide Access, Anytime, Anywhere
Founded and headquartered in San Jose, California, S2C has been successfully delivering rapid SoC prototyping solutions since 2003. S2C provides:
- Rapid FPGA-based prototyping hardware and automation software
- Prototype Ready™ IP, interfaces and platforms
- System-level design verification and acceleration tools
With over 200 customers, S2C's focus is on SoC/ASIC development to reduce the SoC design cycle. Our highly qualified engineering team and customer-centric sales force understands our users’ SoC development needs. S2C systems have been deployed by leaders in consumer electronics, communications, computing, image processing, data storage, research, defense, education, automotive, medical, design services, and silicon IP. S2C is headquartered in San Jose, CA with offices and distributors around the globe including the UK, Israel, China, Taiwan, Korea, and Japan. For more information, visit www.s2cinc.com.
Rob van Blommestein