Prodigy Multi-Debug Module 2.0
The Prodigy Multi-Debug Module 2.0 (MDM2) allows for the concurrent debugging of multiple FPGAs. Prodigy MDM2 works within the Prodigy Player Pro cockpit to go beyond debug set up to specify trigger conditions then debug multiple FPGAs with the help of an external Prodigy MDM2 hardware module. The MDM2 external hardware enables deep tracing of the cause of bugs with the ability to store up to 8GB of waveforms. The high-speed Giga-Ethernet cables allow the captured data to be quickly transferred to the host computer. The MDM2 captures and stores waveforms continuously removing the need to consume design FPGA memory for debug.
In combination with Prodigy Player Pro, the advanced multiple FPGA debug capabilities include:
- The GUI allows you to mark and upload internal signals to the external MDM2 hardware for easy setting of trigger conditions and signal tracing.
Integrated In-Circuit Debug Setup
- Preserve internal FPGA probes before synthesis
- Probes are distributed to multiple FPGAs automatically based on partition results
- Set up trigger and trace signals in multiple FPGAs from a single console
Large Number of Probes Without Re-Compile
- Mark an unlimited number of internal FPGA probes before synthesis
- Trace up to 32K probes per FPGA in 8 groups of 4K probes each without FPGA re-compilation
Trigger Condition Specification
Users can easily set trigger events and combinational events
- Trigger events support: ==, !=, >=, <=, >, < and counting
- Combinational events support: !, &, |, ^, -> and counting
- Supports up to 8 event trigger blocks. Each block can run comparison, sequencing, occurrence and combination operations
8GB Deep Trace
- Store 8GB of waveforms on one 8GB DDR3 SO-DIMM memories on external MDM2 hardware
- Transfer captured waveforms to host computer through high-speed Giga-Ethernet cables
- Remove consumption of design FPGA memory for debug
- Capture and store waveforms continuously
Concurrent Debug of Multiple FPGAs
- Debug across multiple FPGAs simultaneously using a single Logic Analyzer.
- Transmit trigger and trace data from multiple FPGAs to the Prodigy MDM2 hardware through high-speed Gigabit transceivers
- White the sample date in VCD/FSDB format for analysis
Integrated with Prototyping Setup Flow
Prodigy MDM2 works within the Prodigy Player Pro cockpit to go beyond debug set up to specify trigger conditions then debug multiple FPGAs with the help of an external Prodigy MDM2 hardware module.