PCIe Gen2x4 Reference DesignRequest for Quote
This demo shows the feature of the S2C 4-Lane PCIe Gen2 GTX Module running on the S2C Virtex-7 Prodigy Logic Module, which is equipped with GTX connectors to implement the physical interconnect transform between the PCIe interface and the Samtec GTX interface.
The GTX transceivers are probed to GTX connectors on the Virtex-7 Prodigy Logic Module, which run up to 8Gbps allowing for high-speed development and verification with the Virtex-7 Prodigy Logic Module and S2C 4-Lane PCIe Gen2 GTX Module.
The reference design demonstrates the effectiveness of the 4-Lane PCIe Gen2 working with the S2C hardware platform. The PCIe device can be identified on a workstation in either Windows or Linux. Configuration information for the PCIe device, such as lane width, link speed, vendor ID, and subsystem ID, can be read on on the workstation. The S2C 4-Lane PCIe Gen2 GTX Module is downward-compatible with PCIe Gen1 as well. The PCIe Gen1 application can also be developed and verified on the S2C Virtex-7 Prodigy Logic Module.
- Access to the Block Memory instantiated in the FPGA device using the PCI Express
- The Xilinx 7 Series Integrated Block for PCI Express solution, which
- Uses GTXE2 or GTPE2 transceivers for 7 series FPGA families
- Consists of the Physical, Data Link, and Transaction Layers
- Supports x1/x2/x4/x8 PCI Express at 2.5Gb/s and 5.0Gb/s
- Provides full support for 2.5Gb/s and 5.0Gb/s PCI Express Endpoint and Root Port configurations
- Includes a standardized user interface
- An AXI Memory Mapped To PCI Express(1.06.a) IP and Block Memory Generator(7.3) IP allows for the software interface to be converted from PCI Express to an AXI interface, and the internal block memory is integrated on the AXI bus.
- Use of the S2C 4-Lane PCIe Gen2 GTX Module to implement Physical interface transform between the PCIe interface and the Samtec GTX interface.
- Data communications networks
- Telecommunications networks
- Broadband wired and wireless applications
- Network interface cards
- Chip-to-chip and backplane interconnect
- Crossbar switches
- Wireless base stations
- S2C ProtoBridge solution
|Xilinx Device||Slices||BRAM||Specific Feature|
The full project for Vivado2012.4 is available, including everything required for successful implementation. The PCIe Gen2 driver for win7-64bit operation system is supplied.
To run the demo on the S2C Hardware Platform, the following documentation is included:
- S2C Dual Virtex-7 Prodigy Logic Module Hardware Reference Manual
- S2C x4 PCIe Gen2 Module Test Instructions for Dual/SingleA V7 Prodigy Logic Module
- S2C 4-Lane PCIe Gen2 GTX Module Reference Manual