Prodigy Player Pro 6.2 Download Datasheet
Your Prototype Design and Debug Cockpit
Prodigy Player Pro is a tool that works with the Prodigy Logic Module family of FPGA-based prototyping platforms from S2C. Prodigy Player Pro plays two roles in speeding your development process – it configures the prototype, and provides remote system monitoring and control.
An integrated GUI environment and Tcl interface makes it easy to manage the synthesis and partitioning tasks.
The GUI allows you to bring internal signals to the I/O boundary for easy probing. Signal names are retained through the compile flow even when the design is partitioned across multiple FPGAs.
Prodigy Player Pro provides a library of S2C daughter board pin-map files, and automatically matches them to I/O connectors. GUI-based clock and I/O properties assignment minimizes chance of error.
Automated Compile Flow
Prodigy Player Pro has an intuitive GUI environment to guide all compile steps. After a design is compiled once, you can perform an ECO flow automatically in Tcl mode:
- Import design
- Invoke synthesis
- Set up clocks & I/Os
- Generate bitstream(s)
- Set up probes
- Run FPGA P&R
- Employ automatic and guided partitioning to multi-boards
- User configurable cable connection setup
- User configurable black box options to save partitioning time
- Fast black box options to save partition time
- Automatic board file generations for multiple boards setup
- User programmable TDM Macros insertion
- Qualify Pin-Multiplexing signals before automatically inserting LVDS TDM macros and partitioning into multiple FPGAs/boards
- Generate comprehensive reports including Create Group Result View and Insert TDM Result Signal View
- Automatically generate top-level simulation netlist
For compiled designs, Prodigy Player Pro enables you to control the target Prodigy Logic Module directly from the same software console, through either Ethernet or USB connections. (Detailed features vary between hardware platforms.)
Multiple FPGA Configurations
Prodigy Player Pro can download the design to the FPGA(s) through USB or Ethernet. It can also write the design to an SD card on the Prodigy Logic Module and download the design from an SD card.
Remote Hardware Monitor
Users can easily monitor I/O voltages , currents and temperature. Users can read back the IP address, power status, clock frequency and installed daughter cards info.
Remote System Control
All system features can be controlled remotely through USB or Ethernet.
- Automatic detection of SD card when plugged in
- SD card read/write/re-download
- Storing of 4 designs in one SD card
- Unique remote power control for power on/off and recycle
- Easy setting of I/O voltages to multi-boards
- Flexible programming of I/O power-up sequence
A step-by-step wizard enables users to check for potential broken I/O pins, interconnection nets and clock lines. Users can also verify the global clock frequencies and I/O voltage settings.
Virtual “SWs & LEDs”
To quickly test and debug designs in the FPGAs, Prodigy Player Pro provides virtual switches and indicators that you can use just like real hardware.
- Virtual LEDs for quick monitoring of design status
- Virtual push buttons and switches to set design input conditions quickly
- Supports duplicate mode in which both the virtual “SWs & LEDs” in software and the physical “SWs & LEDs” on the Prodigy Logic Module work concurrently
- Xilinx-based - VU Prodigy Logic Modules*, V7 Prodigy Logic Modules, K7 Prodigy Logic Modules and V6 Prodigy Logic Modules
- Altera-based - S4 Prodigy Logic Modules
* Please check with S2C Sales for partition support for different VU Models
- Verilog / VHDL
- Mixed languages
- Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.5 64-Bit
- Ubuntu Linux 14.04LTS 64-Bit